Wednesday, November 4, 2009

An interesting thing happened today….

I had a cousin contact me who I never knew existed till this day. I have had several experiences like that in the last 6 months. This one is special though. There is a possibility that we could meet.

So it makes me think,,


It makes me want to get to know more and more about my family in Ontario. My family has been separated emotionally and geographically since I can remember. I did not grow up with cousins and aunts and strangely enough I do not remember longing for them either, I just did not have any. Maybe it is cause my family was so large, LOL As an adult I realize that I missed out on something. I have a longing to know them, to meet them and oddly enough to meet with there approval. I have painted in my head and heart a meeting moment, but I am sure it will not happen that way, it will probably be awkward, with everyone putting there best foot forward and hiding their warts till it is safe to show them. I know I will be!

I do not know why there was a breaking in the family ties, but I can only assume it was painful… I have heard rumors of fights between brothers… … sad really…

But today I am excited. I got to meet a new cousin.

SeekingHim

No comments:

Post a Comment