Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A new day is dawning?

Yup, a new day is dawning. Much the same as yesterday, but today I have already rotated two loads of laundry, kids have had breakfast, showers and a few arguments all to get ready for school. So now, here I sit with my cold coffee (yuck) waiting for some divine inspiration to write something amazing and spiritual and all I can think of is the many things I still need to do today. I can hear my older children getting ready for school, I have 5 more loads of laundry to do, the grocery store is beckoning to me, the house needs a good cleaning (mom-clean is what we refer to a good cleaning) and I am still in my PJs with no desire to get out of them.

Then my mind goes to the things I could be doing,,,

like hitting up the local Salvation Army Thrift Store to see what kinda deals I can find. With Christmas around the corner I am on the hunt for another Christmas tree, but far to 'dutch' these days to buy a new one. (I am dutch so I can say that) I LOVE ,LOVE, LOVE Christmas, which my BFF Alicia would fully agree to! It is my fav time of year. I love the sights, the pretty lights and tastey delights! I am such a poet. ;-)

So onto one of my other thoughts, for I have many rambling around in my head,,,, I have a group of ladies that I am in a Bible study with and so last night I did my reading as I should. After that I picked up a great murder mystery and read it for over 2 hours. Great book, full of intrigue, twists and turns in the plot and exciting action, oh yah and impending murder,, have not come to that part yet,,, Which gets me to thinking,,, I did my Bible study reading as required last night, took me about 15min (I am a quick reader) then put my Bible aside and read like a madman till after 11. Makes me question myself a little,, are you ready for my 'divine inspiration'?

How is it that I can spend 2 hours devouring a FICTION novel and not want to spend the same time devouriong what is divinely inspired. In 2 Timothy 3:16-17 (NLT) All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work." Hmmm

So it is not that I feel guilty about reading a novel, it just made me realize, that maybe I need to be seeking HIM with as much eagerness... with as much passion..... as I do the end of a fiction novel...

Seeking HIM

No comments:

Post a Comment